Since you asked: How to Find Translations on This Site
Finding translations here is super easy. This is what you do:
1. Go to the Song List.
2. On the Song List page, use this box:
3. Type the language you want to find into that box.
4. The list will shrink to contain only those songs having a translation in that language. (If there’s nothing left on the list, it means I currently don’t have any translations into, oh, say… Njerep.)
5. Click the song title of your choice, and find the tab that looks like this:
6: Click the tab, and it will look something like this:
That’s all folks!
- Translations are provided by site users (bless them!) because I don’t speak these languages. Study the translation thoroughly to be sure it says exactly what you want it to say.
- If you have a translation you would like to submit, contact me using the link at the bottom of the page.
- If you’re looking for Spanish translations, typing Español or Espanol into the “refine this list” box works. Currently, all other languages are listed only under the English equivalent–so “German,” not “Deutsch,” etc. Eventually this will be fixed, but hey… this stuff takes awhile!
- When you enter a term in the “refine this list” box, the list shrinks. If there are more than a single screen’s worth of results left, it may look like nothing has happened. Fear not, only believe. 🙂
- Translations are usually at the bottom of the “Sheet Music Download” tab. They usually begin with the word “Translation,” and end with the language name. Usually. I do tend to be a bit inconsistent.
- One helpful hint: If you open your song choice in a new tab (right click, choose open in new tab, or just middle click on some browsers), you can return to your refined list more easily.
I am from Mexico, I have been enjoying your beautiful compositions for years, thank you for sharing your talent with the world, with those of us who love God and his Son, I would like to send you the lyrics in Spanish of “Write Thy Name Upon My Heart”
If you allow me.
I desperately need the Spanish translation for “If I had been in Bethlehem.”
Is it available somewhere?
Please let me know.
Thank you so much,
Hi Sally! Thanks a lot for making available your arrangements. Blessed be you for this!
As I play the piano in my stake’s choir, we will rehearse your arrangement for Abide With Me for presenting in the stake’s conference next June. I need to translate it into Brazilian Portuguese and I’m wondering how to do it. Can you please send the files and instructions by mail?
Thanks a lot!
Cara Sally, è con grande gioia ed emozione che ti scrivo. Vorrei esprimerti tutta la mia gratitudine per quello che hai fatto e che sicuramente continuerai a fare. Dio ti benedica ! Ti scrivo,per comunicarti che quanto prima invierò la traduzione in ITALIANO di alcuni tuoi brani per poterli mettere a disposizione di chi ne avesse necessità, come hai fatto tu con grande Amore ed Altruismo. La mia gioia più grande sarebbe incontrarti per poterti manifestare di persona tutta la mia ammirazione e gratitudine. Quello che farò in attesa di una tua risposta, e ringraziare Dio per persone come te…
Thank you, Filippo! When you’re ready, just use the “Contact me” link at the bottom of the page, and I’ll send you the correct address to use. 🙂
Sally, I LOVE your scores and you interest in those of us who are always looking for the next choir arrangement! I am not “highly computer literate” and could not follow your instructions to change the key on a song. Will you please put it out to us one more time? Thank you so much for your love of music and compassion for all of us who love your music so much!!!
No problem: https://defordmusic.com/transposing-using-personal-composer/
It’s also linked on the right sidebar.