I received a really interesting note the other day. I’m immortalizing it here because it gives me a giggle every time I read it, and I don’t want to lose it. It reads:
“can`t you write SPANISH songs instead you stupid ratty old thing plus you are probaly 900,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00,000,000,000,000 years old.”
My thoughts on reading this scholarly treatise:
- Well done! Using commas to separate all those zeros! Give or take a few, it’s not a bad estimate.
- Good thing I don’t use my Facebook Yzma pictures here, or I’d have merited a few more commas.
- There are Spanish translations available though I don’t write them myself.
- If I did write Spanish lyrics, they’d be limited to foods and a song I learned in 7th grade about a cigar and a freight train.
- “Stupid ratty old thing”? I’m am sooooo out of the modern slang loop.
- Ahhhh the internet. Such a mannerly place.
The writer did list a name and e-mail, but since it probably belonged to someone else (a great way to troll your friends), I won’t include it. Just having this show up here will be all the reward the writer needs. (You’re welcome.)